The interest in Georgian wine is booming, as quality soars, availability increases, and press coverage intensifies. Sales of Georgian wine to the UK grew by 30% in 2018, with both established large and new artisan wine-makers securing new UK importers. But there is still a lot of unsigned talent in Georgian wine…
WHAT: Wines of Georgia – Manchester Trade and Press Tasting
WHEN: Wednesday 12th June 2019
- Tutored masterclass on Georgian Wine 10:30am-12:00
- Walk around tasting runs from 1pm to 4pm
WHERE: The Castlefield Rooms, 18-20 Castle Street, Manchester, M3 4LZ
This walk-around tasting in Manchester features a wide range of producers and wines, from artisan, ‘qvevri’ orange wine to some irresistibly enjoyable Saperavi – called “Georgia’s answer to Malbec”.
The walk-around tasting runs from 1pm to 4pm. In addition, there is a tutored masterclass on Georgian Wine, led by Sarah Abbott MW, running from 10:30am-12:00.
To register for the walk-around tasting and/or masterclass, please select from the ticket types in the register link.
Who should come?
- Sommeliers and those working in the on-trade, whether you’re actively sourcing Georgian wine, or are just curious to see what the buzz is about
- Those working for regional wine wholesalers and/or independent wine shops
- Regional representatives of national wine importers
- Press and media, including both wine and lifestyle sectors, and also digital communicators/content creators covering wine, tourism, culture, food, and fashion
- Anyone working with wine or in hospitality interested to learn more about Georgian Wine
Please note that this event is for members of the wine and hospitality trades, and press. We appreciate all interest in Georgian wine, however please note that places are limited. We thank you for your understanding if we do contact you to request further trade or press credentials.
+44 (0)20 3858 0837
MORE INFO: [email protected]