The National Wine Agency of Georgia is making marketing funds directly available to independent wine shops and online merchants to enhance their promotion and range of Georgian wine.
The initiative recognises the role that the Indie sector has played in introducing Georgian Wine to the UK.
The Georgian Wine Indie Trade Alliance Fund offers small and medium-sized UK retailers the opportunity to apply for grants to increase promotion of their Georgian wine listings.
The fund recognises the critical role that Indies play in promoting Georgian wine – an exciting but adventurous wine choice – to UK wine consumers.
The availability of Georgian Wine in the UK leapt in 2020, as more and more Indies started to list wines from the increasing number of national agency houses and regional Georgian wine importers now stocking Georgian wines.
The Trade Alliance Fund is the first scheme of its kind, in any market, for the Georgian National Wine Agency.
Applications for grants of up to £4,000 should be made via the entry form online by 28th April 2021.
Winners will be notified by 30th April 2021.
The winners will be selected by a panel including Georgian Wine UK director, Sarah Abbott MW, and Dr. Jamie Goode.
- All concepts and themes are welcome and the budget can be used for any aspects of the promotion.
- Please send us your entry by close of business on 28th April 2021.
- The panel will notify the winning entries on 30th April 2021, and will agree a press release with the winners to be sent out on 3rd May 2021.
- For a list of current UK importers of Georgian Wines, please see the website stockist page.
- If you would like any help in sourcing Georgian wine, please contact Sarah Abbott MW via the contact page.
- The promotion can take place at any point from 1st May 2021 and must by completed by 30th November 2021.
- You must already be listing at least one Georgian wine, and should expand your total listing to at least 6 Georgian wines for the duration of your promotion.
- On the notification that you have been successful, you will receive a contract from Swirl Wine Group Ltd that specifies your activity and the agreed budget. The contract must be signed by a responsible person within your company.
- On completion of your promotion, you should invoice Swirl Wine Group Ltd for the Promotional Activity as in your contract.
- You must submit a completion report containing evidence of your activity. This is required in order for us to process your payment. The report should also include photographs, and/or videos where applicable.
- By taking part in the promotion, you give Swirl Wine Group Ltd and the National Wine Agency of Georgia permission to share content from your promotion, including any photography and video submitted, and to use news of your content in the Wines of Georgia campaign and in media relations.
- Swirl Wine Group Ltd will pay the agreed fee on behalf of the National Wine Agency of Georgia, within one week of your invoice.
- Swirl Wine Group Ltd and the National Wine Agency of Georgia accept no liability for any costs to participants arising from cancelled events, budget overuns, unforseen expenses etc.